- 2015 State of the District Address
March 6, 2015 – 8:30 – 10:30am
Download the flier & RSVP form here. RSVP by Feb. 27. $5 for Chamber members and $15 for others.
- “Marketing on a Budget” Workshop
Thursday March 19, 2015, 8am until 10:00am
This workshop will provide tips and best practices for a high impact marketing campaign that will have low impact on your budget. This workshop is presented by Diane Sparks, President of DHS Marketing and Debbie Callahan, Director of Marketing, Friends Village at Woodstown.
Location: Salem Community College Tillis Hall, Room 123, 460 Hollywood Avenue, Carneys Point
DOWNLOAD flier and reservation form here.
- March 20 – Power Hour Networking Mixer at The ARC of Salem County Thriftstore, 8am – 10am – Join us for great networking, feel free to bring a friend or business associate. This event is FREE and all are welcome, the more the merrier!
- April 16 – The Spring Banquet, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm – tickets are on sale now – $45 per person, sponsorships are available – contact Jennifer Jones, Executive Director for more information.
Nominations for the Salem County Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Citizen of the Year
Award are now being accepted. Nomination forms can be submitted by anyone and are available
at this link or by emailing Jennifer@salemcountychamber.com by March 13, 2015.
Chamber Tip of the Week
TIPS FOR PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS
- List products/services you offer on the back of your business cards.
- Network as much as possible. Engage folks in conversation and exchange business cards
whenever possible. A great place to start is by planning to attend a Chamber event every
month. Remember our events are open to your staff, so if you can’t be there send one of your
employees to represent your company.
- Utilize The Chamber’s weekly E-News often (write an article, submit a sale flyer, etc) – our
distribution is over 5,000 folks weekly. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday at noon – email
- Develop partnerships with other businesses for referrals. In example, if you are a painter carry
business cards for other contractors to refer to your current Customers. Someone who trusts
you will appreciate your referral.
- Supply The Chamber office with your business cards and brochures. We use them for relocation
packages, tourist information packages and display in our office for folks who walk in seeking
- Attend at least one Chamber event per month. People are more likely to do business with
someone they know.
- Give your employees and Customer’s T-Shirts with your business name/logo – it’s great
- Implement business logo dress shirts/golf shirts for your employees, great advertising and they
are a constant advertisement for your business when employees are in and out of the office.
- Press releases – Did you promote an employee? Have a business milestone? Send a press
release and photo to the local news media, and post it on Social Media.
- Utilize Your Email – Be sure to add your URL and company logo to all of your outgoing email. Try
adding your mission statement, or a catchy phrase to help people understand what you do.
Change it a several times a year so people notice it again.
Did you know? That all Chambers of Commerce are independent and privately funded by Memberships? The Salem County Chamber of Commerce serves businesses here locally. When you invest in this Chamber, your money is used to market, promote and support the entire Salem County business community. We have a full time staff and group of dedicated volunteers who dedicate their time and talents to help strengthen all businesses in Salem County. Dollars spent with this Chamber stay here and serve the best interests of local businesses.