Tickets are on sale now for Celebrating Women in Business. The event will be held May 5 beginning at 5:30 pm at The Washington Club with catering by DiPaolo’s Italian Ristorante. $35 per person.
- Business Education
- Government Relations
It is our pleasure to announce that Friends Village at Woodstown has been chosen to receive recognition as this year’s Distinguished Citizen of the Year Award recipient.
Friends Village has earned this prestigious and well deserved recognition for economic impact on our community for the tremendous building projects of the cottages, for providing excellent care for the residents via the cottages, assisted living and nursing home and for extending meeting place usage of your facility to many organizations in the community including The Chamber, Rotary, Woodstown-Pilesgrove Business Association and Toastmasters.
Friends Village has partnered many times over the years with The Chamber. We greatly appreciate the use of your beautiful facility, your participation in our events and financial support of The Chamber. We especially appreciate the dedication both you and Mary Lou have shown to The Chamber and our members by lending your experience and expertise to The Chamber to benefit our Members.
We wanted to break tradition and announce this year’s recipient ahead of time as we know there will be many folks in the community who will want to attend this year’s dinner as we recognize the many ways Friends Village at Woodstown has enriched our community.
P/T TEACHER AID
Please contact 856-455-7133
- April 16 – The Spring Banquet, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm – tickets are on sale now – $45 per person, sponsorships are available – contact Jennifer Jones, Executive Director for more information. Download Flier and Registration Form here.
View our newsletters:
Chamber Tip of the Week
TIPS FOR PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS
- List products/services you offer on the back of your business cards.
- Network as much as possible. Engage folks in conversation and exchange business cards
whenever possible. A great place to start is by planning to attend a Chamber event every
month. Remember our events are open to your staff, so if you can’t be there send one of your
employees to represent your company.
- Utilize The Chamber’s weekly E-News often (write an article, submit a sale flyer, etc) – our
distribution is over 5,000 folks weekly. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday at noon – email
- Develop partnerships with other businesses for referrals. In example, if you are a painter carry
business cards for other contractors to refer to your current Customers. Someone who trusts
you will appreciate your referral.
- Supply The Chamber office with your business cards and brochures. We use them for relocation
packages, tourist information packages and display in our office for folks who walk in seeking
- Attend at least one Chamber event per month. People are more likely to do business with
someone they know.
- Give your employees and Customer’s T-Shirts with your business name/logo – it’s great
- Implement business logo dress shirts/golf shirts for your employees, great advertising and they
are a constant advertisement for your business when employees are in and out of the office.
- Press releases – Did you promote an employee? Have a business milestone? Send a press
release and photo to the local news media, and post it on Social Media.
- Utilize Your Email – Be sure to add your URL and company logo to all of your outgoing email. Try
adding your mission statement, or a catchy phrase to help people understand what you do.
Change it a several times a year so people notice it again.
Did you know? That all Chambers of Commerce are independent and privately funded by Memberships? The Salem County Chamber of Commerce serves businesses here locally. When you invest in this Chamber, your money is used to market, promote and support the entire Salem County business community. We have a full time staff and group of dedicated volunteers who dedicate their time and talents to help strengthen all businesses in Salem County. Dollars spent with this Chamber stay here and serve the best interests of local businesses.