ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT HIRING PROCEDURES
The Chamber’s Administrative Assistant performs general office duties including, typing, filing, primary telephone receptionist and taking minutes at meetings. Qualified candidates will be proficient with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Publisher. Additional duties include information tracking and compilation, assisting with planning and implementation of Chamber general membership meetings and banquets, updating the Chamber website and membership database, as well as assisting with special projects as needed.
The Chamber Administrative Assistant is the first person our members see and speak with on the telephone. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who likes working with the public while able to multi-task.
Position hours are 8:30 am to 3:00 pm with a one half hour lunch. Some evening and hours are required for Chamber event staffing.
Position includes paid holidays and 5 days paid vacation per year after 12 months of employment. There is a 90-day employment probationary period.
Candidates for this position must take the following steps:
- *Submit a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Jones, Executive Director, Salem County Chamber of Commerce via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Complete a telephone and personal interview with the Chamber’s Executive Director and Chamber Board Chair and Vice Chair.
- *Complete a brief writing/skills test.
- *Complete and sign a Pre-employment Inquiry Release with three reference sources.
- *Complete US Department of the Treasury W-4 form upon acceptance of position.
- *Provide a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- *Meet Federal Regulations with proof of citizenship.
Nominations for the Salem County Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Citizen of the Year
Award are now being accepted. Nomination forms can be submitted by anyone and are available
at this link or by emailing Jennifer@salemcountychamber.com by March 13, 2015.
The Chamber’s Annual Citizen of the Year Award recognizes the volunteer contributions of
Members of the business community in Salem County. The award is given annually to an
individual or group who has demonstrated a high level of service through community and civic
involvement in Salem County NJ.
- An individual in the Salem County business community who has consistently demonstrated
excellence in community leadership over an extended period of time.
- Must have lived or worked in Salem County for at least 3 years.
- Has made or is making significant contributions to the welfare of the community through
involvement and participation in endeavors that enhance the quality of life in Salem
- Dedicated service to the citizenry of Salem County and it’s business community through
consistent support of Chamber events and activities.
- The award may be presented to any Chamber Member/Retired Member whose volunteer
work has been focused inside Salem County. The work must be volunteer only.
- Nomination must be accompanied by a Citizen of the Year Nomination Form
- Must be a current Member in good standing or Retired Member of the Salem County
Chamber of Commerce
- Individual may not nominate self
- May be eligible to win the award once
- Members of the Committee are not eligible to win the award.
The Decision Making Process:
The final decision for Citizen of the Year is determined by The Chamber Executive Committee
and kept strictly confidential until the winner is announced at the culmination of the Annual
Banquet, April 16, 2015.
January 29,2015- 5pm- State of the County Flyer 2015
February 12, 2015-8am- 2nd Friday Business Workshop
February 20, 2015-8am -February Mixer
Hot off the press!
Click here for the latest ‘What’s Happening’ Friday memo download:
January 9, 2015- Friday Memo
December 26, 2014- Friday Memo
December 12, 2014 – Friday Memo
December 5, 2014 – Friday Memo
November 28, 2014 – Friday Memo
November 21, 2014 – Friday Memo
November 14, 2014 – Friday Memo
November 7, 2014 – Friday Memo
Did you know? That all Chambers of Commerce are independent and privately funded by Memberships? The Salem County Chamber of Commerce serves businesses here locally. When you invest in this Chamber, your money is used to market, promote and support the entire Salem County business community. We have a full time staff and group of dedicated volunteers who dedicate their time and talents to help strengthen all businesses in Salem County. Dollars spent with this Chamber stay here and serve the best interests of local businesses.